Here we are in Prince George BC gearing up for our second show of the day and it’s only 11 am.
This will be our 17th show in the last 9 days. NOT TOO SHABBY. We have an all ages show tonight at St. Micheals Community Center and then tomorrow at Riley’s PUB.
I’m rambling right now but overall this tour has been unreal!!!!!
big thanks YAMAHA CANADA and to our Management and Booking agency’s for hooking us up with such great touring.
Northern Scene was insane!!! Hung out with some rad players and met some really really cool people. check out DIGAWOLF ( http://www.digawolf.com )
We have David J Taylor on BASS for this tour. He’s really awesome and he dances like a maniac!!
Today’s menu is BACON and Booster Juice!
Getting super pumped for the next few months!
1. Northern Scene in Ottawa Ontario with so many great nothern bands check out the link for the festival http://nac-cna.ca/en/northernscene
2. After Ottawa we head on tour through BC and …Alberta again. We will play over 29 school shows and 10 Evening Shows in just under 4 weeks!!!
4. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!
1. Well It’s been a wild ride for the last 5 weeks. We came so close to making the top 16 in Canada as part of our very first competition we’d ever entered so we feel totally blessed.
2. We’ve seen our fan outreach grow like crazy (up over 800 likes on facebook, up over 300 on instagram and up over 100 new followers on twitter) and thats awesome!!
3. We need to give a big shout out to Yamaha Canada for sponsoring our band and helping us out with instruments, sound equipment, and overall support for the work we do.
4. ARTSTARTS is amazing as well as our management team www.magnumom.ca and of course our booking agency http://www.turnerentertainmentgroup.com for all the help they give us.
5. We are gearing up for another tour coming up very soon with some surprise guests coming along for the ride!!!
We love you all
WE ARE IN THE TOP 24!!!!!!
thankyou to everyone who has voted so far!!! You’ve helped us get in the the National round of the CBC Searchlight competition. We want to congratulate all the people involved in the competition so far. Let’s all put the Yukon on the forefront of peoples musical taste with “Tent City”
we love you all
check out more details at this link music.cbc.ca/#/searchlight
1. Ladies and Gentle-MAN!!!!!! we have entered the CBC searchlight competion. HELP US BE AWESOME you can vote to have TENT CITY as the best song ever.!!!
2. Yamaha Canada has sponsored this tour and has given us some amazing gear Check out our FACEBOOK page to see what they’ve done. Truely the best thing that has ever happened to this band.
3. WE LOVE TOURING BC. we had a Killer show last night at Logan’s stay in touch everyone.
WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Yamaha – GIVES US FREE GEAR
www.garybremner.com – GIVES US SWEET PICS
www.magnumom.ca – GETS US GIGS
www.turnerentertainmentgroup.com – GETS US MORE GIGS
Graeme – HAS SWEET HAIR
Boris the van – HAS POWERSTEERING
This will be the Best Tour EVER
In two days we have a crazy-hard task!!
Speed Control must perform a RAWK-OPERA under 90 decibels!!!! HOLY COW this is gonna be so hard!! “The Busker and the Barista” is the creation of Barry “Jack” Jenkins, who is the co-writer of such Speed Control hits as “TENT CITY” and ‘All my Songs”/ Come one and Come all!!
THEN we got some wicked shows coming up and a wicked tour coming up and even a new WEBSITE coming up. STAY TUNED!!!
So we all bought presents for each-other and now realized we actually all bought the same thing. Now this is a band who knows everything about each-other.
New Photo’s and Promo Material are being worked on and by the time Feb. 2013 is out Speed Control will actually have a poster with Ian (our drummer) in it. We are going to try and look Cohesive
Eco Ball – Mt. Mac on Dec. 21st. cant wait.
Pop Punk PIZZA – Epic Pizza on Dec. 28th. ALL AGES
Thanks again to everyone who has helped out this year. See you at the shows
We’ve been a little behind on updating our Website but BAM finally we got some new photo’s up.
If you have some sweet pics of you wearing Speed Control Merch or have a hilarious picture of “Speed Control” send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we (Jody Ian and I) will send a “Prize-pack” to the photo we think in the most hilarious.